W.C. Davis was started by William C. Davis in 1926 when he
was 21 years old. He worked out of his house at 326 Eighth
Avenue, performing plumbing and heating services. In 1943
the business was relocated to its present location and supplied
a show room with modern appliances, such as the wringer washer,
ironers, and stoves. The business was incorporated in 1946.
After leaving the service in 1954, William's son, Richard
C. Davis, began working for the company at the age of 21.
That year, W.C. Davis bought their first oil truck.
Being a service
company for Gulf Oil they were able to obtain new oil customers
and grew rapidly into a five-truck oil business by 1970.
In the late 1960's the appliance part of the business was
traded to Allied Coal for their oil business. In 1966 William
C. Davis retired after 40 years in business. In 1980 his
grandson, William Davis, joined the company at the age of
17 and is currently the vice-president.
We pride ourselves in the quality of work
we provide to the community. Our employees have been the
backbone of our business. Charles Barth, of Haddon Heights,
put in 63 years of service before retiring in 1998. Recently
Robert Doughty retired after 45 years of service. Present
employees with long time service are Jim Andress (45 years)
and Dot Geis (36 years).
We are one of the few companies that
provide heating, plumbing, air conditioning, and fuel oil
Throughout W.C. Davis’ 85 year history,
the company and its employees have been involved in many
community organizations and community events, such as, the
Haddon Heights Fire Dept., where William C. and Richard
Davis both served as chief. Other organizations included
the Rotary and several youth athletic programs.
Currently, William (3rd generation), is involved with the
Camden County Plumbers Assoc., New Jersey State League of
Master Plumbers, Audubon Fathers Assoc. and the Elks.8
Thank you for over 85 years of loyal patronage
and thanks for visiting our web site